Thursday, December 30, 2010

Farewell 2010!!


So. It's that time of the year when everyone starts reflecting over what they did or didn't accomplish in the last year. Successes, failures, heartbreaks, victories, etc. And I'm going to be no different.

I thought about how to tackle this...life, fitness, career or monthly. It's been a full year of all sorts of things so this could very well be quite rambling!! Shocker, eh? ;)

Let's start with the biggest, most significant event in a woman's life. Marriage. I was blessed enough to marry a man that God sent my way a bit over 4 years ago after my Mom died. I was content to be Carrie Bradshaw. Then just out of no where, here comes this GQ looking guy. Little did I know that day when he stopped at my house (while I was landscaping & dirty) that 2010 would be the year I'd get to commit the rest of my life to him in front of our family & close friends. Even making it more special, we said "I do" on my parent's wedding anniversary. Febuary 27, 2010 will go down in history ;)

A month later, we celebrated locally with my ginormous family, Kevin's small family & all of our nutty friends. It was so fun & again...a night we'll never forget. (March 27)

Not a week later, we headed off to Indianapolis for the NCAA Final Four!!!! What a amazing event to witness. And with local boys, the Butler Bulldogs, making it to the final game against Duke. They lost but wow it was close. Now that guy that missed the shot that could've tied it up is playing in the NBA. (April)

I think we coasted through May & June but come July we headed to Kansas City to celebrate our nieces first birthday. She's the little firecracker baby ;) So much fun! And then we had my cousin's wedding in mid-July in Illinois.

August welcomed another wedding which happened to be the third & final wedding with our group of friends (we were #2.) And the pregnancies are happening in reverse order as that bride is already knocked up. By order, I should be next!

September came & went...

Next up was our Halloween Honeymoon!!! We headed to Orlando to visit Disney & the main event..Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. Yes, I took a lot of pictures & no, I have not shared them yet. They are still on the camera. I should do that soon, eh? It was a blast! And we decided to start trying for a little B.

Cue the holidays....Thanksgiving & Christmas were different this year. They are usually spent with all of Kevin's family at his parent's house (along with my Dad & his girlfriend.) But a baby on the way (his sister) & my SIL having her family to their house. It was just us, Dad & Linda & his parents for Thanksgiving. Then we headed to his brother's house for Christmas.

And we welcomed Sophia Loretta into the world on December 27 (my SIL wanted to make the tax break...lol.)

So that sums up our year personally.

Fitness wise? GREAT things happened. I lost weight, gained weight & decided in July to re-locate my happy place. I'm there today & have a dear friend to thank for that. In 6 months, I've lost 20 pounds (was more..thank you PMS) & dropped 19.25 inches!!!!! AND I'm wearing a dress I got for 2008 NYE & it's loose!!! I have to add a strapless bra so it won't fall down!!! Should I mention that I'm a bit heavier than I was then AND I was contest dieting at that time? No diets here kids, I ate what I wanted within reason. NOTHING was off-limits & I look better than ever. A friend a couple weeks ago kept saying how ripped my arms look! haha

I'm still doing my Savage workouts & keeping that cardio going too! Still working on the WW job front but able to incorporate their new program in with Savage style eating along with how I prefer to eat. It's all a perfect balance & I feel great.

I turn 39 on Saturday & fully intend to rock 2011 like it's my job. I want to continue to progress physically until I get pregnant (God willing) & when that happens focus on a healthy pregnancy.

Kevin & I are headed to Indianapolis tonight & will ring in the New Year with just us. I think it's a perfectly fitting way to end this amazing year that we've had!

Who's ready for 2011? Do you have your goals set? If you aren't planning, you are failing! Are you with me??????

Wishing you all the blessing that 2011 has to offer. Thanks for keeping up with this little adventure that I call life! It's been great to have you along for the ride!!!


2 comments:

Allison said...

What a great post. I hope you have a Happy New Year and Happy Birthday!!!

I will gladly take the Carrie Bradshaw torch now :)

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

You have had a GREAT year! I hope this year is a fabulous as the last and that more dreams come true for you :)