Thursday, December 9, 2010

Goals & Groceries.


I wanted to introduce you to my second home. Well, that's not the one here but you get the idea. Yes, I feel like I LIVE in the Meijer store. It's right by my office & super convenient. I do love grocery shopping & in the winter it's perfect since I can leave everything in the truck instead of lugging perishables up to the office fridge.

I'm at the store at least 3 times a week for produce, meat, etc. I used to stock up once a week but produce spoils fast & I got screwed with bad meat a couple times so that stopped. Now I get what I need when I need it..especially from the meat department. I get tired of going actually & have somehow turned into my Dad's personal shopper too! When I'm going, he'll ask me to grab milk or something for him but I got him back yesterday when I had him pick me up some bananas so I didn't have to go just for that.

Do you spend a lot of time in the store? Do you buy things you don't need? I am good about not doing that lately but sometimes seasonal items "fall" into the cart ;)

What about goals??? The end of the year is just weeks away...as is my 39th birthday but we won' talk about that ;)

How are you doing with your goals that you set for the year? Are you almost there? Cutting it close? Gave up months ago?

In July, I set out to drop the extra fluff & get back to my Weight Watchers goal. I'm 4 pounds away from that now & while I'm not sure I'll get there, I'm going to come damn close. I will at least have reclaimed my non-paying Lifetime status by then so that is good in my book! AND I should report (with the biggest cheesiest grin EVA) that I rocked my skinny jeans the other night. You know....the ones that fit PERFECT when Kevin & I started dating then got too big with contest prep then wouldn't go over my knees after the rebound. Yea, those. Rocked them again the other night & looked pretty damn good if I don't say so myself.

And once again, I'm in contact with a magazine about my transformation. This time I won't chicken out ;) More on that another time.

Sooooooo. Fill me in, how are you doing with your goals?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on teh goals, lifetime membership AND skinny jeans! You are rocking it!

... I feel like i live in grocery stores half the time, but i love it. lol

My biggest goal was to step on stage, be proud of what I presented, do it in a healthy manner and not rebound. Unless I rebound over christmas, goals all completed! :)

Nichole said...

Please don't chicken out. It would be incredible to see you in a magazine!

Nichole

The Divine Mrs M said...

Looking forward to the magazine article!!! I live at the exact same Meijer store as you!!! I do my best to just shop my list, but I am with you on some of the seasonal stuff I stumble across. :) No real goals this year, but I am doing my best to be at the gym 4 times a week. A shoulder injury has kept me from strength training for several months (and it is impacting how many boxing classes I attend), but I am not letting it stop me. I am on the bike, the treadmill, the elliptical, taking classes and modifying the exercises to suit my current needs and I hit some very light weights just the other day. Wishing you the best as you turn 39 and begin 2011! I know you are going to keep on rockin, sista!!!