Saturday, September 27, 2008

Today I'll become the bull!

So you are thinking, "Heather's lost it." Well, perhaps but in the last few days, I've heard this song. It's called Become the Bull by Atreyu. The part that stands out to me of the whole song is this...


Back and forth the struggle consumes us all.

Trying to keep a level head.

In the most unsettling of times.

Today I'll become the bull.


It reminded me of the struggles that I've faced & the ones that I battle with lately. It really came to mind as Kevin & I ran this morning. I felt a bit uncomfortable running with the extra weight but knew that I just needed to put on my big girl panties & get out there! Kevin even asked me if I wanted to stop & just walk. I said no & asked him to not allow me to do that. I needed to just do it (Nike was right!)

I know these things to be fact:

1) I will drop the fluff.
2) I have not totally lost my endurance.
3) I haven't lost "it" but rather just need to re-ignite "it."
4) I may never compete again even though I absolutely loved it but I will continue to challenge myself!

How do I know these things to be fact? Well, it's the common theme of "I." Dont you see it? I want these things to be & as a result will make them happen.

I am going to do whatever it takes to make it all happen. It's simple you know. Just take the bull by the horns. It's how the song actually starts. Is there really any reason to not make things happen in our lives?

So I'm going to become the runner that I once was. Just 2 months ago, I could run for an hour without batting an eyelash. You see, it wasn't that long ago. Just a little conditioning & a few more weeks until I get back there again. It's only uphill from here. I like the challenge & will conquer this one like I've done all others.

Nothing can stand in my way!

No obstacle is too "this or that" to keep me from getting there.

I'm a goal driven person so I'll continue to strive for my best. That may never make me the best but I'm okay with that. As long as I continue to challenge myself, improve upon what I've done before then I am a winner.

Today, I'll become the bull.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're already a weiner.. I mean a winner-lol :)
This is for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YIko71VzZ4