Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So, I've totally forgot to talk about Biggest Loser! It started again last week & that means date night with my best friend! I head to her house to watch. We visit, we laugh & we cry. Though lately we find ourselves laughing more.

One of the girls has a scar on her tummy. The conversation went like this......

Me: I wonder what that's from? Do you think she had gastric bypass surgery?

Steph: Maybe she was stabbed. (in a very matter of fact voice)

Hahaha! Okay, sounds awful but sometimes we are just that blunt!

As we watched last night, I got to thinking about how I feel desensitized to this show anymore. I no longer feel the motivation that I used to or even inspired by the contestants. Why? No idea though my heart did BREAK for the little girl who stopped eating & drinking because she didn't want to be fat like her Mom :( I can NEVER allow that to be me. Never.

As for me, I'm doing pretty well. I had a meltdown last week (thanks in part to PMS moodiness) & ranted to a friend who gave me a fabulous reality check. She told me to stop telling her what I was doing right & tell her what I can do to make things different (or better if you will.) Just what I needed to hear even in my whiny state of mind! Then it happened...the scale drop that has eluded me for almost a full month. I maintained but wanted more.

What did I do? I made the changes she suggested & realized that I was morphing back into a mindset that I've been working hard to escape. Whew. Close call but I think I'm better (not totally but getting there...)

And with that, continued scale drop since Saturday. I'll take it.


(picture from Universal Studios Orlando)

4 weeks to vacation (this has NOTHING to do with the scale but needed to just remind you all that FEAR awaits me....mwahahahaha!)

Hope you are all well!

3 comments:

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

I am over the biggest loser too. I realized this when watching last night. I found myself annoyed because people lost like 30 lbs in one week and I thought to myself 'this show is doing more damage than good now because it takes away from the people that lose just 1 to 2 lbs a week.' Anyway, glad to hear that I'm not the only one that lost interest. Glad you have good friends getting you out of your funks.

Dotsie said...

I feel TBL is going the drama route now-more conversations about a Mom dying, a a Dad not paying a attention, a sister fighting cancer, etc., and less on the killer butt kicking workouts we used to see...and I feel the same way, not as motivated or inspired, and the boyfriend even stopped watching it with me and will now pass by the TV and whine at and make fun of a contestant who is having a difficult moment (I know, he's so mature sometimes).

PMS is so blah...I'm feeling it now. I'm glad you have a great support system who can pull you of your funks.

Jamie @ Food in Real Life said...

I used to LOVE the biggest loser. I would sit and (eat) and cry. But now I just can't stand the gimmicky feel and I think its taken a wrong turn. I never felt like the contestants were being exploited before and now I do. I also can't stand all of the promotional item placement. I am happy for you that you were able to break through your mindset and move forward. That is huge!