Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's comfy here.

Where? Where I am, of course. My friend who's helped me find my sanity mentioned when we last bantered about being in a comfortable place. Comfy with your current weight, knowing you'll make additional changes when you are ready. When we had that talk, I was stuck but made changes & saw progress.

Well, I'm kinda stuck again but I realize that it's partly because I'm too focused on other things. Vacation namely, making my beauty appointments (remember that mention of going brunette..it's coming), getting the house stuff ready so it's all done, etc. Oh & we are dog sitting for my Dad this weekend too.

Now, I will say that it's not that I'm going hog wild because my weight has stayed the same again for the last couple weeks. I'm still eating well but having an extra goodie on occasion while rocking my training & cardio. I realized that this is okay. For now. I always seem to manage to lose weight on vacation so I'm not going to have a freak-out low-carb fest to get ready. Why? Because I feel great! My fave jeans are still fitting & I'm wearing clothes that I've not been able to wear in a while (not even 2 years ago when we went to Orlando in the first place.) That was the height of my post-show aftermath & I was VERY uncomfortable. Now? I'm gonna strut ;)

So vacation plans are in place. We have a free day while we are there that might entail Blue Man Group, a spa day or traveling to visit my grandparents (who are here now.) We'll do some shopping, wandering & maybe even drive to Tampa for the day (we got a great deal on a car.)

Whatever it entails, it'll be fabulous. Just Kevin & I, enjoying our honeymoon. We'll spend our 8th month anniversary at Disney & yes, I'm making him wear a "Just Married" button. hahaha He's not happy about it but we earned it & apparently it gets us to the front of the line, free beverages, etc. Why not?!? lol

Hope you are all well & feeling comfy where you are. I did step it up a bit for a couple weeks then took a little step back but that's okay too. I'm not gaining & I'm still enjoying what life is bringing my way. No regrets but I promise the game will be stepped up come November. I will own the holidays this year! (again....I did great last year!)

Are you comfy? What are you doing if you aren't? Do you have a plan to conquer the holidays? No one said you can't enjoy them but you don't have to carry your enjoyment for weeks after either!!!! Plan, plan, plan!

ETA: Just found out we are going to the BULLS home opening on Friday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My FIL works in the grocery industry & we get a lot of trips to games....so fun! We won't even talk about the dessert cart either. haha

7 comments:

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

I can't wait to get to that comfy spot. I am in change and uncomfy zone, but that is where I need to be.

I am so happy you are so happy! Seriously you deserve it. Keep up the maintaining and I know when you are ready you will step it up again. :)

Tina said...

I think its so great to just revel in those "comfy" times and enjoy them. You should feel comfy because you look great and are in a place to enjoy the fun things coming your way. I look forward to getting back in that comfy place too. I'm not comfy now but thats pretty obvious with being pregnant and ready for it to end. ;)

I also agree that we have those comfy spots come up even on a path to a goal. I think they probably help us stay the course overall because we don't wear ourselves down constantly pushing to achieve.

Jamie @ Food in Real Life said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying where you are. Thats HUGE! So often we can't ever just enjoy it because we are so focused on some other destination.

Dotsie said...

I'm glad you are comfy! Can't wait to hear about the vacay when you get back!

I am not comfy and I'm not doing squat about it until Nov. 21st when I'm done with school/finals!!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies for always being such a support! My friend reminded me that I'm simply living. I'll take that :) And oddly enough, once I write about my comfy place I suspect the scale is getting ready for another shift downward! lol

Just being consistent & feeling great is a benefit but I still want to reach my goal & work for Weight Watchers so I press on!

Anonymous said...

Woot how exciting vacation time is almost here. You two are going to have a great time. Taken me over a year and I am just NOW skimming the surface of being "comfy" it will come when we are ready. <3

Kim @ Imperfectly Perfect said...

You strut it, girl!! I'm glad you're feeling comfy and in a good place with yourself!

Enjoy your time at the game tonight. I wish we lived closer. I'd love to grab coffee with you and chat. Have a wonderful weekend!