Saturday, May 15, 2010

That didn't go as planned....

So yes, this week turned out to be not what I wanted. I thought I would be able to hit the gym full steam ahead & get all the workouts in. Well....my body had some other intentions!

First off, let me share what I've been making this morning!!!

They are called OMG bars. It's a recipe shared by a fellow Savage sister who apparently whips these up for post-show! They are definitely rich sounding & a treat item! They are filled with a cookie bar base along with mini-marshmallows, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips & dark chocolate chips. I've not cut them yet but will have a taste when I do. I baked them for a cookout today & will make another batch for another one we have tomorrow.

I had good intentions of getting to the gym today but I have a headache so opted to not go. Have any of you had issues with birth control? I seem to get a VERY bad headache 1-2 days before I'm due to start my next pill pack. They are awful & I cannot seem to rid myself of them no matter how much Aleve I take. I'm guessing the only way to completely get rid of them is to stop the pills.. We are not quite ready to start trying for baby yet but Kevin's agreed to let me stop them. So I'll see my doctor next month to discuss.

So for the week I did get in most of my training (will do the last tomorrow) & most of my cardio. I'm still recovering from this cold or whatever I have & finger/hand still not at 100% so I think what I did get finished is better than nothing!

Hope your weekend is off to a FABULOUS start!!!!

2 comments:

The Fat Dietitian said...

I have never had headaches from birth control, or at least none that I have attributed to the pills. I am a huge fan of headon. That crazy forehead chapstick works like magic...
BTW those bars look incredible! Happy Friday!

Christina said...

Do you have the recipe for those bars? My mouth is watering!