Tuesday, December 15, 2009

When it rains, it pours!

I thought I better get in here before the hecklers start leaving random comments on my Facebook page! haha

The weekend was good! We got our grown up furniture delivered for our bedroom. It looks amazing! We still have the old bedding on there because I want to save our new bedding until we are married. Some think that's odd but it's what I want :) Some of our shower gifts have made their way to through the house like the downstairs bathroom decorations, some kitchen items (like our new dishes, mixing bowls, scrapers, glassware, etc) but things like the waffle iron & a few others will wait. We have to save some things for marriage right? ;)

A couple updates...

1) First & foremost, my cousin's little girl remains hospitalized in Atlanta. They are testing her for something called PTLD & they say that is the most serious condition that occurs post transplant. If that is what they find, then she'll likely be diagnosed with lymphoma. Our prayer is that it's just an infection. Did I mention that she's going to be 4 in January? She had a heart transplant when she was just a couple months old. Please continue praying for her!!!

2) I am still without my vehicle. The poor Blazer was in sad condition with no heat. Apparently, the heater core was just clogged & that was a "cheap" fix, however, it was discovered that the poor girl also had a leaky intake valve. Thankfully they found that before it blew (resulting in a cracked engine block) BUT that is a pricey fix. And it HAS to be fixed. So the grand total for repairs is $778!!! My Dad has been VERY generous giving me my Christmas present early & more than he'd given me otherwise. Just really bad timing for the repairs with Christmas coming & me needing to do stuff for the wedding!

In other news, I'm starting to feel a bit stressed about the wedding. I have alot to do just related to the wedding but also related to getting my house cleaned up. I think we have someone that will stay there so it's not sitting lonely but that's not a done deal yet. But regardless, I have to get stuff cleaned up & out of there! I listed a dining room set on Craigslist, sold the mini-fridge & probably the compact chest freezer. I also have a fair amount of Mary Kay stock that I want to get rid of! If anyone is interested, leave me a comment & I'll get with you! I'm just selling stuff at wholesale (my cost) along with shipping!

I guess that's all for now! Nothing much else going on other than getting ready for Christmas! Kevin's sister comes in next weekend & the madness will begin! Woot! Our last "non-married" Christmas.

Hope your week is off to a great start!!!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Wow, you've got a lot going on in your life right now!

I hope your cousin's little girl is doing well. I will say a prayer for her recovery.

B said...

Hey Heather if you would like an invite to my blog send me an email- send2belinda@rogers.com

B

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

Where are you??? hope all is well and you are having fun!