Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who turned off the heat????

Sunday, 01/25/09
Training: Off
Cardio: Off

Eats:
Bagel, whole egg & 2% cheese slice
Pumpkin, ricotta, SF pudding powder & lite cool whip
Lean turkey sausage, 2% cheese slice & wheat bun
Crackers & goat cheese
Mexican!!!!!

Notes: I planned to head to the gym to do some easy cardio but am staying home instead. It's frigid cold outside again so I dont really want to go out again.

ETA: We are now eating out for dinner with Kevin's parents so that will be an "off" meal. It'll be good though!

Headed to church this morning & my best friend was at first service. It was nice to sit with her. We are like little kids sometimes & my Dad just gives us the look! lol

Service today was about "letting go." Call it confession or whatever you like but it was about letting go of the things that bring you guilt, keep you from moving forward, etc. I dont think you have to be a Christian to follow that practice.

The really cool thing was that you were given a half sheet of paper when you came in & during service were able to write down the things that hold you back, create guilt in your soul or whatever you just need to let go of. Once you did that there was a time where you could make your way to the front & let them go. It was literal & you put your paper through a little shredder.

I'll be honest, it was liberating to do that....I move forward today with hopes of leaving those things there. Allowing for the guidance to not take them back into my heart which would only let them continue to fester once again.

I have to work through it but I see how a choice this morning was already "letting go" in the works.

What will you let go of today?

1 comment:

Sohee said...

Hey Heather-- finally delurking. I've been following you for a long time... always, always love your posts.
You're an inspiration.