Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Can I get a.....

.....no doze? Ah yes, we survived the Jay-Z Concert. It was friggin amazing. He did a fantastic mix of new & old stuff. Actually he saved the encore for a nice mix of all the old faves. AND closed with Encore which most of know mixed with Linkin Park's Numb! Very cool!

Back track, we arrived in the city in just about 45 minutes which was great since we weren't sure what the Oprah Kickoff party would do to traffic. We wandered a bit & made our way to her little shindig but couldnt see much.

Starving, we opted for some Grand Lux Cafe. For those not familiar, it's owned by Cheesecake Factory & there arent many around. Such great food & I opted once again for my Asian Nachos (Crispy Fried Wontons Covered with Chicken in a Sweet-Hot Peanut Sauce. Topped with Wasabi Cream and Melted Cheese.) They are soooooooooo good but really rich too with the peanut sauce. Totally yum!

We wandered a bit more while making our way to the House of Blues where we realized we were about to wait in line for 90 minutes to get in! Picture won't load

There were some very interesting characters there but an equally interesting mix of folks too. I am a total people watcher & this made me happy! hehehe *no pics of interesting people*

Finally we got inside, grabbed a beer & were ready to....wait..... For some reason, it seems the concert was delayed but it was fun people watching more since I had a new audience to select from. Kevin ran into a couple folks he knows at AT&T (an engineer & a big dog.) Thank you to Kevin (big dog) for the tickets!

The concert finally opened with his new song "I Run This Town." No Rhianna or Kanye but it was still great! What I love about Jay-Z & some other rappers is they tour with a FULL band. Not just a DJ playing the backtracks. A full on drumset, guitar playing, piano/keyboards playing band. It was friggin amazing!

I do have just a few pics but they wont load for some reason. They arent that great since I just had my phone but they are suitable nonetheless!

I'm really dragging today since we are the king & queen of the 10pm bedtime. We didnt get home until 1am! Not to mention all the high quality smoking going on in there! Whoa, I really dont think I've had that much of a contact high since Pink Floyd back in the early 90's!

So today I'm dragging, physically exhausted but am loving that I got to see a great artist in action. Oh & I should mention that Dwayne Wade of the Miami Heat was in the house too!

The only downer was that we saw on the news that there was a stabbing at the show last night but it wasnt clear if it happened while Jay-Z was on stage or not.

I better get back to work. I have a couple things to get done & my Dad's commented already about me being "slow." lol I'm thinking a pumpkin latte will pick me up at lunchtime!

I'll post up the pics another time if blogger will let me!

1 comment:

Dotsie said...

Glad you enjoyed the concert!

We need him to come here!