Monday, July 20, 2009

Taking some time.


Chris, Mom, Pat (my running mentor) & Me at the 2004 Chicago Marathon (my first full marathon!)

Just a quick note. I may not be blogging much this week because if I do 1) you are going to get bored & 2) it might turn into a sob fest.

This is a difficult week for me still though it's only been about 3 years since my Mom died. It's hard nonetheless & I always have a hard time not re-living the week's events. They are still too fresh in my head & on my heart.

We can easily make new friends, start new relationships, etc but never in our lives can we replace our parents. That is a void that can never be filled.

I have so much happiness in my life & God's blessings are clearly abundant but the sadness still remains.

So this week I'll just be taking time to remember my Mom.


My parents

2 comments:

krispy1138 said...

My mom's birthday was the 16th. That's still one of the hard days for me, even after 7 years. Try to find the joy in the memories.

krys said...

my heart's breaking for you heather.