Saturday, August 21, 2010

Remember the name!

First things first, you have to go read about my run today. Seriously. GO but then come back :) Thanking my thunder thighs for moving me right along today!


Isn't that awesome?? As I ran, I realized that I felt like myself again. The girl that used to take off & run whenever not thinking about the weather. I just went. I still had it. And it felt pretty damn good!!!!!! As I rounded the corner for my last mile (after crossing to avoid the geese that were making it clear they saw me) a song by Fort Minor came on my iPod called Remember the Name. Have you heard it? Though it's not a Christian song, I think of God when I hear it. And suddenly found myself thanking Him for the physical abilities, the determination to press on, for legs that move, for a heart that won't quit....I think you see my point. My favorite line from the song?

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

See what I mean? I listened to it twice.

The rest of the day (once I get off my towel..still sweating) will involve a tanning session, picking up Kevin's shirts at the cleaners & finishing off my cake pops for a family picnic. It's rainy which kinda sucks but we needed it bad!

I better go get some more water & get something in this belly!!!!

Happy Saturday!

No comments: