Friday, May 29, 2009

Pressing on!

Morning all! I have to first & foremost thank the academy! hahahaha

Not really but I do need to thank you guys for the really insightful & thought provoking comments yesterday! It really sparked my thinking & as a result I posted a little diet timeline to recap what's transpired since I decided to REALLY get healthy & take control over my life!

I realized while doing that (you'll see my sidebar note) that I had the illusion of becoming a diet jumper. That's really something that drives me nuts & mentioned it to Kevin last night. The end result of that conversation (it was a brief one) was that I'm at least trying to fix things. That's a positive right? I was really uncertain whether or not to continue with SOS because I wasnt feeling like it was working. But I am going to try for one more month then decide.

The bottom line here is that I dont want to live on a diet & continually count every morsel of food that goes into my mouth. I also dont want to feel like I'm having to force feed myself my bodyweight in protein either. BUT I have to still acknowledge that my body has been through the ringer in the last year & see what needs to be done to fix it.

That may very well be just living a healthy lifestyle which is ultimately my goal. I'm having a good dialogue with a friend via email that is working with a nutritionist & it's interesting to see what she's doing vs. what my program prescribes vs. what I've been doing on my own (which is closer to what her nutritionist is having her do.) Anyway....lol

Last night, I made some dinner, took a cold shower (water heater still not working right) & we wandered a bit. This weekend will likely be pretty laid back since we were on the go last weekend. Kevin's not one to like to sit still so when he says he wants to do nothing then so be it!

Will catch up more later but that's the rambles for the morning. There's lots of stuff brewing in my mind but for now that'll do!


I'll leave you with this. It was the scene at my house this morning with my cat (Alex) who decided he really wanted some banana-blueberry smoothie! lol

Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

HA! that's the scene at my house every night. :)

I hear you on the brain rumblings... sounds like we're on similar paths so to speak.