Friday, June 5, 2009

May I please have your attention?

Now that I have it, I'd like to redirect it to Healthy Tipping Point for a second. Watch Caitlin's video from this morning....then come back!

Now that you've seen that. I just have to share how close to home that hit for me today. I've been doing everything right. Eating well, doing my cardio, training hard & enjoying life.

I've said it before that the scale wasnt being kind to me but what's to be expected after what I put my body through during contest prep (exactly 1 year ago, btw.)

Today, I find myself dropping a little weight every other week (that's my pattern.) And I'm content with that. Why? Because it's dropping. I dont care (& said this to Kevin this morning) if it takes me through the end of the year to get back to my healthy weight. Why? Because I'm doing everything right. I know that & when you do the right things, you can't lose!

Caitlin's video actually made me a little teary-eyed. No surprise right? I'm an emotional person anyway but it really hit my heart & really drills home where my head is..that being in a good place!

It's not about anything but being healthy, living life, being a stunning bride, loving wife & hot mom (okay..that's awhile away but you get the point! lol)

Enjoy your day....do your best & know that you rewards will come. Maybe not in the form you'd like them & at your pace but they will come.

5 comments:

Mellissa said...

Love that video, I always feel like women are so hard on themselves when we are all working so incredibly hard and try to fit so much in.

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

YAY for doing YOUR best for RIGHT NOW!

vanessa40 said...

Wow..that was powerful and right on the money.
I feel like i'm doing the best i can do now.
So what if i don't run everyday or if i don't lose x amount of weight.
I'm being the best me i can be.

Christy said...

Yes, it's so true. I'm down on myself right now because my best isn't what it once was at the moment. I have to remember that I'm doing the best I can AT THIS TIME IN MY LIFE. My best will probably be different a year from now and look nothing like what the best was a year ago.

Stephanie said...

You and Caitlin are my new BFF's! That was awesome and I love those little moments of *happy sigh* 'life is good and I'm doing what I need to do to keep it that way'.

I'm finally starting to get back to that frame of mind and realizing that the Happy Place isn't a destination, it's a journey with some amazing scenery along the way (the being a stunning bride, loving wife, etc.)

Enjoy the trip!