Monday, April 20, 2009

Where'd the warmth go?

It's a cold & dreary day here in NW Indiana. Very different from the really nice temps we had all weekend! But that will return this weekend & be even warmer. I actually did something that seemed to possible. I turned OFF my heat!!!!!!! I get so tired of the stale winter air in the house & it's been great to have the windows open to allow fresh air in!

Anyway, I'm currently flipping between 24 & the Bull's playoff game with the Celtics!

So the wedding dress shopping trip was a success though not in the sense that I've made a purchase but in the sense that I survived. It was a very emotional trip & one that had my nerves a mess on Friday. Now before you go thinking that I'm not ready to get married...it's nothing to do with that. It's more to do with going this without Mom. This is one of those times in your life where you really never fathom going it without the woman that groomed you to be a good wife. So that was the hard part & the whole "you know she's always with you" just wasnt comforting for me in those moments.

As I entered the fitting room to begin trying them on, I took a moment & just quietly said "Okay Mom, you need to let me know what you like." I do believe in guardian angels & such so I believe that if there's a way for Mom to let me know with a gentle nudge, whisper or whatever what she'd love to see me in then she will do it! And I will be grateful for that moment.

I found 2 dresses that I really like & they are very similar in style because they are from the same designer. I regret to inform you that I will not be posting my dress here in the event my groom wanders in! I did post them in my online journal if you've followed me there before. You can get a sneak peak of the first 2 "likes."

There are 4 other shops that I plan to visit with Kevin's Mom to see what they have to offer. Once those trips are done then I'll make a decision & order a dress. I wanted to wait until fall but will order within the next 2-3 months.

Workouts & such have been spot on. I had a decent run on Saturday morning to clear my head before the shopping trip. Felt great & kept up a good clip! On Sunday morning, I realized that my hip didnt hurt & called Kevin right away! I was super jacked!

Oh & we saw "I Love You, Man" this weekend too! HILARIOUS!

I do believe that wraps up things & catches you up on my world!

Have a FAB week!

No comments: