Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Here kitty kitty....

Seems odd, eh? Well, not if you live in the Chicagoland area & happen to listen to The Mix in the mornings! They were playing an April Fool's joke by playing a meowing kitten sound during the traffic report. I was fooled & wondered what the noise was as I pulled out of my garage since I wasnt fully paying attention to them yet. About 2 blocks later, it hit me & I busted out laughing! There were people actually calling in to fess up that they'd actually pulled over to check to see if they had any travelers under their hood! hahaha

And the other thing is that I have a kitty to let out of the bag.....it may seem like an April Fool's but it is indeed fact!

After have gone through so much after my shows, finally maintained my weight for 6 months basically eating intuitively & failing to "diet" on my own. I've enlisted some help. Some very sound, sensible help. Some may disagree & that's fine but I know in my heart it's what is best & worked really well for me.

Out with it already right?!?

I've re-joined the Savage team to get my body back. I did VERY well on their regular program & was able to do some really great work with body recomposition. I did well with the contest prep too & will admit that I was fearful that that program really did a number on my body. I think it was more affected by what the local coach did to me. I can repost that if you'd like but basically it was extreme prep in peak week, drastic water depletion & a prescription diuretic. Think what you will but I did it willingly but really never thought I would experience any problems. I thought I'd be fine.

I have made a couple attempts to diet in the last 6 months but none have been successful. I even hired a well-known nutritionist & followed the program to a "T" but it was FAR too low calorie for me & my body doesnt respond to that.

So I'm going back to what works. I'm doing their Lifestyle program which is meant for non-competitors. I will never compete again. I'm focused on being a wife next year & a mom following that. My family will be my focus & yes while you can do both..it's not in my plans.

I will start slowing by only following a medium day...not cycling calories as the program also allows. I will not weigh or measure veggies, I will have nutbutters on my rice cakes if I want that, etc. You get the drift. It's a lifestyle so I fully intend to make it fit into my life. I'm not competing so I see no need to go all crazy.

BUT I'm ready to drop this extra weight that's been keeping me warm! It's time to do it & do it properly. I function better with structure so it fits.

So that's my scoop. I've taken pics, measurements & am ready to be me again!

8 comments:

MarciaG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MarciaG said...

Nutbutters ON your rice cake?? Next thing you will tell is that you put cheese on your salad....oops that was me!

Welcome back.......

Sportsgirl said...

Yay for being you!

Dotsie said...

So, where are the pictures?!

I like your attitude, too! :-)

Christina said...

I already said that I fully support this decision and I think it will be a great fit for you...especially going into it with the mindset of still doing what works for you and fits in your life but using them for some structure and guidance. Im excited to follow along!!! And I have to say that you sound FANTASTIC and I am sooooo happy for you!!!

heather said...

Welcome back to the team, H3!

Hugs,
H1

High Heeled Mama said...

Congrats on making a decision that is right for YOU. You know you have my support. We all have to do what is right for us and that is all that matters.

Heather said...

Yay, yay, yay!! So excited for you!! Welcome back!