Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tan I am!

Yes, yes, it's true. I'm no longer pasty white with my lovely porcelain (gag) skintone. I caved & took a trip to the spa. I blogged forever ago about Planet Beach & the services they offer.

I've been such a slack about going lately but went last night. I did the hydration station which I forgot how much I love & then did a Mystic Tan. So nice to have some color again.

We ran last night too. Just a 30 minutes for 2.97 miles! It really was that distance. Thank you Gmaps Pedometer! Felt good & I've had NO hip pain in a couple weeks now! I will try another longer-ish run on Saturday when Kevin goes to work. I'm hoping for a 4 miler! Sounds lame to me knowing the distances that I've done in the past (hello, I have 2 FULL marathons under my belt) but when you have an injury you just have to be cautious. I want my body to not hate me! My hope is that I can work back up mileage again & tackle a half in the fall!

The weekend is shaping up to be so so fun! Tomorrow night, we'll be dining with Kevin's family at Red Robin. Oh man, that place is so good but so naughty! My FAVE is the Whiskey River BBQ Burger: Basted with our signature Whiskey River® BBQ Sauce and lasso’d together with Cheddar cheese, crispy onion straws, lettuce, tomatoes & mayo. Come to Mamma! Ha!

It's pointless to even consider nutritional information there & dont be fooled into thinking the chicken burgers are better choices either. They really arent! And you KNOW that I've looked!

Saturday, we hope to hit the boat & Sunday, of course is the baby shower! So excited!

I think that's about it for the moment. I am working on a post about my binging & found myself a little taken back last night as I wrote about it. I became someone that I certainly wasnt proud of but what I did started as a reaction to a tragedy that continued to be my means of coping as I grew up. Anyway, that will come in time. I'm not certain I'm ready to post about it yet but be aware that it's in the works!

I have to ask for prayers for Jenna at Eat Live Run who recently lost her brother in a tragic accident. Her blogs this week have really touched close to my heart through my own experiences. She just continues to reiterate what I've learned in my own loss that life is short & we should never take our lives for granted.

Happy almost the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welllll....?? Where's the pic of the newly baked you?